Book Adventure | Free Reading Program.
Sylvan’s Learning Centers. Book Adventure is a fun, free way to motivate your child to read! Kids in grades K-8 can search for books, read them offline, come back to quiz on what they have read, and earn prizes for their reading success. Program is on-going.
Summer Reading – Barnes & Noble.
The Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program is here to
help you on your way, encouraging you to read books of your own choosing
and earn a FREE book, simply by following these three easy steps:
1. Read any eight books this summer and record them in this Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Imagination’s Destination Journal. Be sure to let us know to whom you would recommend each book, and why.
2. Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 21st and September 3rd, 2013.
3. Choose your FREE reading adventure from the book list featured on the back of the journal.
Activities | Pottery Barn Kids.
Summer is the perfect time to instill a love of reading in your child. From now through August 26th, read all the award-winning books on one of our recommended lists and qualify for fun prizes.
Half Price Books – Feed Your Brain Summer Reading Program.
For kids 14 and under:
- Read for at least 15 minutes each day for a month. (Grown-ups may read aloud to kids who are still learning.)
- Add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial each week.
- Once you’ve read 300 minutes, turn in your completed reading logto earn your $5 HPB Bookworm Bucks reading reward for the month.
We’ll award one top reader per age group each month with a TOP READER prize – a $20 HPB Gift Card!*
How about free tokens on their next visit to Chuck E. Cheese’s? Print out our free rewards calendar to get started.
Download and print out the calendar. Mark the days off with a pen or sticker as your child accomplishes their goals. Bring in the completed calendars to Chuck E. Cheese’s and receive 10 free tokens as a reward. This is an on-going program that can be used to reward a wide variety of goals.
Scholastic Summer Challenge 2013.
A free online program designed to motivate and excite your children around reading books this summer. The Summer Challenge is an easy and fun way for kids to log the minutes they spend reading as they earn rewards and help Read for the World Record.
Summer Reading Community Challenge – iVillage.
Keep your kids reading and learning all summer long with our Summer Reading Community Challenge. Join our free 4-week program and starting June 17 you’ll get daily emails filled with:
- Literacy-building tips from the experts at Sprout and Scholastic
- Games and activities to help foster a love reading
- Printables and crafts to share with your kids
- A daily chance to win a family trip to visit the set of Sprout’s Sunny Side Up Show to meet Chica
Summer Reading Program.
We make reading fun while teaching young people the importance of saving money. It’s just part of TD’s commitment to education – and to you.
Participating is easy:
- Read 10 books this summer.
- Print out the Summer Reading Form (343K PDF)
- Write down the names of the books they’ve read
- Take the form to the nearest TD Bank
- Receive $10 in a new or existing Young Saver account
Random House | Junie B. Jones |.
Personally, I am not a huge fan of Junie B. Jones, but for those kids who are, you can earn a free book.
Mensa For Kids.
Earn a commemorative certificate in recognition of your outstanding achievement and get an Excellence in Reading T-shirt, too!
The Mensa Foundation recognizes and encourages education, gifted youth and lifelong learning through programs like the Mensa for Kids Web site and other activities. To encourage the joy of reading, the Foundation has developed the Mensa for Kids Excellence in Reading Award Program!
Scholastic Book Clubs Offer | Kellogg’s Family Rewards™.
Enter codes found inside specially marked Kellogg’s Family Rewards™ packages which are only available at Walmart to collect points. Redeem points for rewards and fun. Earn $5 coupon good for credit towards a book from Scholastic Books Club.
Buy Movie Tickets Online | Showcase Cinemas. (Northeast)
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 a.m. from July 10 – August 7, just bring a book report with you to the select Bookworm Wednesdays movie and that’s your price of admission!
H-E-Buddy.com. (TEXAS ONLY)
Just pick out 10 books and get started. After you finish reading each one, log it in the form. Be sure to have a grownup put their initials by each book you’ve read. (Parents, you can read to your children if they are too young.) When you’re done, pat yourself on the back! You’ve read 10 books. Now reward yourself with a cool prize by mailing the form and in 3 – 4 weeks, you receive your prizes.
San Diego County Fair – Del Mar, California : Reading Certificates.
Students aged 12 and younger who read 10 books and have that accomplishment verified with their teacher or librarian can bring the certificate to the Fair and receive free admission on any day of the Fair, by presenting the completed and signed certificate at the admission gate.
Reading Makes Cent$ Save for College! Promotion : ScholarShare College Savings Plan. (CA only)
The Reading Makes Cent$ Promotion is open to legal residents of the State of California who are at least 18 years of age or older and are the parent or legal guardian of a California student of any age through grade 8 during the 2013-2014 school year and who is participating in a public library Summer reading program in the State of California. Enter the promotion by completing the entry form between June 1 – August 19, 2013. Sponsored by the ScholarShare College Savings Plan.
Of course, you should sign up for the free reading programs at your local libraries.
That’s it for my massive list of free reading programs for summer 2013. Happy reading!