I have hundreds of math apps in my iTunes account, and yet here I am with yet another math app review. This app offering today comes from BrainNook of the popular online website that offers over a hundred math and English grammar educational games. BrainNook is frequently used in schools as well. The full version Grade 1 Math is free today (normally $4.99). If you miss this, there is a lite version where 3 games are unlocked.
If your child needs more “fun” and “games” to keep engaged in math skills learning and practice, this app is for you. There are interesting challenges and games.
This app covers these core skills:
– Addition and subtraction of single digit and two digit numbers
– Word problems involving addition and subtraction
– Understanding place value for two digit numbers
– Commutative and associative properties of addition (a+b=b+a and (a+b)+c=a+(b+c))
– Visual estimation of the number of items in a group
– Comparing whole numbers
– Skip counting
Recommended for children mastering grade 1 level math.