I just love using BOB books as part of teaching early reading. They do a great job in helping reinforce specific skills in a graduated manner. Usually, the collections are priced around $10 in the past which is a really great price. You really have to snag these when they are in the warehouse because it only happens a couple of times a year, and they run out fast!
There are five collections of their books in the warehouse right now. I have it down on my shopping list to get the newest collection which focuses on sight words. I can not speak more highly of the quality and design of these books which build a beginning reader’s confidence at being able to read a whole book on their own relatively quickly. These are excellent for both homeschoolers and resource for families who want to gently reinforce reading skills at home without having to deal with an entire phonics curriculum. It is very easy to pull out the book that focuses on a particular phonetic sound that your child is working on mastering.
Here is the description of the collections:
The five Special Collection boxes contain the original Bob Books materials boxed and reprinted in beautiful, oversized, 8 x 8 inch format. Each box also contains bonus stickers, bookmark and door hanger.
- Collection 1 has 18 books, including all the stories from Set 1, and half of Set 2.
- Collection 2 has 16 books, including stories from half of Set 2, and all of Set 3.
- Collection 3 has 16 books, and includes all the stories from Sets 4 and 5.
- The My First Bob Books Collection has 24 books, including all stories from My First Bob Books: Alphabet and My First Bob Books: Pre-Reading Skills.
- NEW! Bob Books Sight Words has 20 books and 16 flash cards, including all stories from Bob Books Sight Words-Kindergarten and Bob Books Sight Words – First Grade.
Highly recommended for ages 2 and up. These books are really easy to use if you are working with a young gifted learner.