I just tried this out a couple of nights ago just for fun and posted about it on FB. I came across this recipe while trolling around food blogs. Yeah, that’s me, I read recipes for fun
sometimes, okay, a lot of the time. That’s why I have a two giant 3 inch D-ring binders full of recipes that I intend to test someday. Let’s not get into my e-files stuffed with who knows how many recipes.
Okay, obviously, it does not look anything like this coming out my microwave because I am not about to make time to make it look this good. However, for the 3 minutes worth of time and energy that it took to make these mini cakes, it was pretty good.
The chocolate flavor is not very pronounced almost mildly chocolate like Chinese bakery cakes. P liked it just fine warm with a scoop of vanilla on the side. His stomach is generally easy to please, and he was happy that I made a sweet for him to eat.
I thought it was decent and pretty good all things considered. And I don’t even like Nutella much in the first place.
90 second Nutella Chocolate Cake (serves 1 to 2)
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 heaping tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour the batter into two greased ramekins or one large grease microwavable bowl or mug.
- Microwave on 70% power for 30 seconds. At the end of the time, check for doneness (and volcano-ness!). If not cooked through, add 15 seconds at a time.